Revised as of April 24, 2017
PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY.
If you do not understand any aspects of this Policy or have any questions related to this Policy, please feel free to contact us online.
This Policy explains:
- The Types of Information We Collect from You and Why We Collect It
- How We Use and Share Your Information
- Access to Your Information and Choices
- Security of Your Information
- California Privacy Rights
- Questions and How to Contact Us
Notice With Regard To Third-Party Sites. This Policy applies only to information that we collect through our Sites. It is important that you understand that our Sites contain links to third-party sites that are not owned, operated or controlled in any way by us.
Please be aware that we cannot be, and are not responsible for the privacy practices of websites that are not owned, operated or controlled by us, even if our Sites contain links through which you may choose to visit such websites.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
- Personally Identifiable Information That You Provide To Us. You may provide certain information to us on our Sites through various actions you might take, including:
(i) by signing up for a newsletter;
(ii) by filling out feedback forms;
(iii) by filling out ‘contact us’ forms;
(iv) by filling out on-line email forms;
(v) by submitting request for information forms;
(vi) by providing user generated content, such as user comments, blog posts, “hashtags” and other social media type communications; and
(vii) by reporting a problem to us on our Sites.
The information that you provide and that we collect from you could and most often does include personally identifiable information about you, such as your legal name, address, telephone number, and email address that could be used to identify, contact or locate you.
- No Information From Children Under Age 13.
OUR SITES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13. If you are under the age of 13, you must get the express permission of your parents before using our Sites.
Do not attempt to provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information.
If you believe we might have any information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us online so that we may immediately investigate and take appropriate action as soon as practicable.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information We Collect Automatically.
We also collect certain non-personally identifiable information about your use of our Sites, such as:
(i) your IP address;
(ii) your browser type;
(iii) your computer or device type;
(iv) your unique device identifiers;
(v) your Operating system version;
(vi) the last previous web page from where you navigated to our Sites;
(vii) the time and date of your using our Sites;
(viii) the name of your Internet service provider (ISP);
(viv) the pages on our Sites that you view;
(x) your location / geo-location information
(xi) cookies (defined and explained below); and
(xii) local shared objects (flash cookies).
Non-personally identifiable information is data that cannot alone be used to identify you personally.
When you visit our Sites, we send one or more ‘cookies’ to your computer or other device. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit our Sites again, these cookies allow us to recognize your browser.
Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information. You can adjust the settings in your browser to refuse all cookies or to inform you when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
- Device Identifiers.
When you access our Sites, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your computer or mobile device that uniquely identifies your device and are used by TrustedPsychicMediums.com to enhance your use of our Sites.
A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or software, or date sent to the device by BestWishesandQuotes.com.
A device identifier may convey information about how you browse our Sites. A device identifier does not collect or share any personally identifiable information about you. However, a device identifier may be used in conjunction with other information in a manner that may constitute personally identifiable information.
- Location Data.
When you access our Sites, and with your express prior opt-in consent, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. Location data may convey information to us about how you browse our Sites. Location data does not collect or share any personally identifiable information about you. However, location data may be used in conjunction with other information in a manner that may constitute personally identifiable information.
- Pixel Tags. We may also use ‘pixel tags,’ also known as ‘web beacons,’ which are small graphic files that allow us to monitor the use of our websites. Pixel tags are a type of technology placed on a website or within the body of an email for the purpose of tracking activity on our Sites, or to confirm when emails are opened or accessed, and are often used in combination with cookies. A pixel tag can collect information such as the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the tag appears, the URL of the page on which the pixel tag appears, the time the page containing the pixel tag was viewed, the type of browser that fetched the pixel tag, and the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously placed by that server. Typically, pixel tags are used to count users who have visited certain pages of our Sites, who have opened an email from us, and to collect other website statistics such as popularity of certain content found on our Sites and to verify system and server integrity.
Log File Information.
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use our Sites, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, data about how you interact with links on our Sites, and other such information.
- Passive Browser Information.We collect passive browser information through our web servers. We use this information to help us understand how many visitors come to our Sites and where they come from.
- Scripts. A script is a short segment of computer code included in a web page or other content that can be used to set and access a cookie on your computer’s hard drive and to record your activity on a website. BestWishesandQuotes.com may use scripts on our Sites, on third-party websites, or in our emails and newsletter.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- To Provide Products, Services, and Information (Personally Identifiable Information). We use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, (i) so that we can present our Sites and their contents to you, (ii) to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us, (iii) to allow you to participate in interactive or social features on our Sites, (iv) to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide information to us, (v) in any other way we may describe when you provide such information to us, and (vi) for any other purpose with your consent.
We may use third parties to help host our Sites, send out email updates about the Sites, provide marketing and advertising services for us, remove repetitive information from our user lists, and otherwise support our business. These service providers will have access to your personal information in order to provide these services, but when this occurs we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections to limit their use of that information to helping us provide the service. We use demographic information to better understand our customers, and improve our products and services.
- How We may Use Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We use non-personally identifiable information for reasons including to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information; (c) monitor the effectiveness of our services; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with certain IP addresses; (f) monitor and prevent fraud and abuse; (g) keep track of preferences you specify while you are using our Sites; (h) conduct research to improve or Sites; (i) monitor advertising-related metrics, in order to provide you with more helpful and relevant advertising; and (j) track user content and users to the extent necessary to comply as a service provider with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
We allow certain third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you and other Internet users visit. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to our Sites and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third-party web beacon to collect this information.
We belong to ad networks that may use your browsing history across participating websites (such as our Sites) to show you interest-based advertisements on those websites.
You can opt-out of receiving interest-based ads from us through these third parties by following the opt-out procedures set forth at:
Please note that even if you choose to opt out of receiving interest-based ads, you will continue to see ads on our Sites, but they will not be based on how you browse our Sites.
Websites you browse may also offer their own opt-out methods for interest-based advertising.
- Third Party Advertising & Marketing. From time-to-time, and with your consent, we may disclose information you share with us, with companies who may wish to offer you products and services of interest. You may opt into this information sharing by emailing us.
- Your Consent. We will share your personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the Company only when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information. Sensitive personal information is a particular sub-category of personal information relating to confidential medical facts, racial or ethnic origins, political or religious beliefs or sexual orientation
- Transfer in the Event of Sale or Change of Control. If the ownership of all or substantially all of our business changes or we otherwise transfer assets relating to our business or the Sites to a third party, such as by merger, acquisition, bankruptcy proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer or sell your personal information to the new owner. In such a case, unless permitted otherwise by applicable law, your information would remain subject to the promises made in this Policy (as amended) unless you agree different
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CHOICES
You can contact us through our contact us page to obtain information about the personal information we have relating to you. If you have questions about personal information we have about you or need to update your information, you can contact us through our contact us page. You can opt-out of receiving marketing and promotional e-mails from Company by using the opt-out or unsubscribe feature contained in those e-mails.
5. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use commercially reasonable measures to maintain the privacy and security of your personal information. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information, if any. Please note that e-mails and other communications you send to us through our Sites are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
6. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once per calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses.
If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2015 will receive information regarding 2014 sharing activities).
To obtain this information, please send an email message to privacy@bestwishesandquotes dot com
with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Moguldom may modify or update this Policy at its sole discretion from time to time, and so you should review this Policy periodically. When we change the Policy in a material way, we will notify you by means of a notice on our Sites prior to the change becoming effective. Changes to this Policy are effective when they are posted on this page.
Your continued access to our Sites after the Policy has been modified and posted will signify your acceptance of all such modifications.
The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of this page. You are responsible for ensuring that we have an active, up-to-date email address for you and for periodically visiting this Policy to check for any changes.
8. QUESTIONS AND HOW CONTACT US
If you have any questions, concerns, complaints or suggestions regarding this Policy or otherwise need to contact us, please contact us online.